Programme Outcomes, Programme specific outcomes and course outcomes for all programmers offered by the Institution
College runs three programmes: B.A., B.Com. & B.Sc.
Programme outcomes B.A.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding and skills in their chosen discipline.
Acquaintance with social problems, reasons and finding out solutions.
Capacity to participante in collaborative learning and to deal with unfamiliar problems.
An understanding of social and civic responsibility and readiness to accept them.
Enrichment of reading and creative writing.
Use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real day to day problems.
Motivation to research culture.
Ability to observe and follow real life values.
Ability for employment.
Programme Specific Outcomes. (PSOs) B.A.-
Department of English
After successfully completing B.A. English programme students will be able to
- Develop effective oral and written communication skill.
- Acquaint with the various forms of literature.
- Learn and understand the evolution of criticism and its application in language and literature.
- Understand the relationship between film and literature through the adaptation theory and the prescribed texts.
- Apply knowledge of English language to improve skills in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Get inspiration of life through reading masterpieces of literature.
- Perceive the complexities of human behavior and identity through various forms of literature. They will be able to develop a deeper understanding of human values.
- Improve their creative and imaginative faculties through the reading of English literature.
- Relate the dramas, novels, poems, etc. to their ideological or socio-political contexts.
- Develop literary appreciation competence.
Department of Hindi
After successfully completing B.A. Hindi programme, students will be able to
- Develop interest in Hindi language and literature.
- Acquaintance with the different genres of literature in Hindi
- Acquaint with the creative process of Hindi literature.
- Practice official usage of Hindi.
- To develop ability to understand human values such as morality, empathy, honesty, good will, etc through the complexities of human behavior presented in various forms of literature.
- Ability to do critical evaluation of literary works in Hindi.
- Acquaint with the great sent poets in Hindi and their contribution to social reformations.
Department of Marathi
After successfully completing B.A. Marathi programme, students will be able to
- Develop love and interest about the mother tongue Marathi.
- Develop acquaintance with various literary movements and customs in Marathi.
- Develop the ability to comprehend and critically appreciate the short stories, poetry, drama, biographies, etc.
- Understand the creative process of Marathi literature and will be able to create their own.
- Have an acquaintance with the human values presented in the prescribed texts and imbibe in them these human values such as morality, honesty, empathy, national citizenship, etc.
- Understand the importance of Marathi language in day to day practical life and use it for searching of job.
Department of Economics
After successfully completing B.A. Economics programme, students will be able to
- Understand economic concepts for like demand, supply and economic analysis.
- Understand microeconomic concepts like elasticity, perfect competition, monopolistic competition and equilibrium in the short and long run.
- Understand micro and macro economic terms and theories like microeconomic indicators, major related growth and development.
- Understand importance concepts like GDP, NNP, disposable income, personal income, etc.
- Able to indentify and explain the key concepts related to the market and market failure.
- Able to describe how economic trade offs and social value impact, public/ private policy.
Department of History
After successfully completing B.A. History programme, students will be able to:
- Understand transition from humans in India from Hunters to Farmers.
- Explain the transition from early to later vedic period.
- Give an account of teaching of Goutama Buddha and Varthaman Mahavira.
- Describe the rise and growth of the Mouryan Empire.
- Explain the salient features of Ashokas Dhamma.
- Describe the different types of Historical sources available for writing the history of medieval India.
- Explain the contribution of medieval rulers.
- Elucidate the significant developments which took place in religion society and culture.
- Explain causes and consequences of the reformation.
- Explain the salient features of the Industrial revolution.
- Give an account of the American Revolution.
- Explain the role of major leaders of the French Revolution.
- Describe the political conditions of the Marathas up to the year 1740.
- Explain the role of Balaji Bajirao.
- Explain the causes and effect of the battle of Panipat.
- Critically analyze the cause for decline of Maratha’s power.
- Know the process of acquiring the historical data.
- Understand the method of writing history.
- Gain conceptual clarity about recent trends in history.
Department of Geography
After successfully completing B.A. Geography programme, students will be able to:
- Know the soil geography which is fundamental branch of physical geography.
- Know the classification, characteristics and distribution of soil.
- Understand the concept and development of agriculture.
- Examine the role of agriculture towards changing cropping pattern.
- Study the green revolution.
- Know the agricultural concept and use of modern technologies in agriculture.
- Have an acquaintance with distinct dimensions of India and physical setup of the country.
- Focus the climate of India and mechanism of Manson.
- Understand recent trends in regional study.
- Focus on the mineral, agriculture and industrial product of country.
- Study the basics of population geography.
- Handle the present problematic situation in urban and rural areas.
Course outcomes B.A. (COs)
- Acquisition of specialized knowledge of the subject.
- Introduction to the thoughts of great people in old history and politics.
- Awareness about different social, political economic, and geographical facts.
- Enhancement in literary and linguistic competence.
- Ability to use written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to discuss and analyze historical theory and its contemporary impact on civilization.
- Ability and skill of working collaboratively.
Department of Commerce
After successfully completing B.Com. programme, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic management concepts, principles, and practices.
- Understand in detail the basic management functions like planning, organization, etc.
- Know the contribution towards development of management theories and different approaches to management.
- Acquire the basic knowledge of principles and practice of insurance and life insurance to enter this sector for services.
- Demonstrate accounting for issue of debentures and redumption of debentures.
- Stimulate practice of preparing financial statements as per the provision of Indian Companies Act 2013.
- Practice the fundamental accounting process of Tally ERP.
- Have an acquaintance with family business in India.
- Awareness about Business plan and project report.
- Gain working knowledge of generally accepted auditing procedure, technique and skill.
- Gain understanding of cost accounting concepts and elements of cost.
- Familiar with the modern management practices being used by the corporate world.
- Understand the importance and applicability of various modern management practice.
Course outcomes B.Com. (COs)
- Acquisition of specialized knowledge of the subject.
- Become more efficient and practical for his future.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and work with others effectively.
- Use computer and new technologies effectively to gather process and communicate information.
- Acquire practical knowledge of all commercial sectors in which they can enter easily and achieve their goal.
Department of Chemistry
After successfully completing B.Sc. Chemistry programme, students will be able to:
- Learn and understand the basic concepts of chemistry.
- Acquire the knowledge about applications, synthesis, reactions of various chemicals.
- Chemistry has wide scope in sugar, pharmacy, paint, polymer industries. To make the student capable for working in such industries.
- Acquire the skill of identification, separation and purification of molecules by various techniques.
- Acquire the fluency in quality control practices in industries.
- Expand the students thinking power about eco-friendly chemistry, fuels, minimum pollution causing processes.
- Make the students a responsible chemist towards use of chemicals.
- Provide employees have strong theoretical background of chemistry for chemical industries.
Department of Physics
After successfully completing B.Sc. Physics programme, students will be able to:
- Know different types and laws of motions.
- Know the applications of GPS and satellite.
- Understand the complex number and their applications in solving problems in AC circuits.
- Know general information of various types of gases and theories related to it.
- Understand the concept of heat and temperature and different types of thermometer.
- Know about use of cathode ray oscilloscope in oscillations.
- Know about LASER and applications in various fields.
- Understand properties of light like interference, diffractions and polarization with theory and experiments.
- Learn about concepts of nuclear physics and nuclear energy and importance of their use.
- Know about light and its importance in life, its characteristics, properties and use in various instruments.
Department of Mathematics
After successfully completing B.Sc. Mathematics programme, students will be able to:
- Able to learn basic concepts in mathematics and also geometrical figures and graphical displays.
- Able to perform mathematical operations.
- Understand types of functions and how to indentify them.
- Use mathematical induction to prove various properties.
- Understand the basic ideas of real analysis.
- Use matrices to represent a system of equations.
- Provide exposure to problem solving through programming.
- Familiar with variety of well known sequences and series with developing intuition about behavior of new ones.
- Understand how elementary functions can be defined by power series with an ability to deduce some of their easiest.
- Apply fundamental theorem, isomorphism theorems of groups to prove these theorems for ring.
- Perform basic computations in groups and ring theory.
- Apply basic concepts of mathematics to formulate an optimization problems.
- Apply the knowledge of L.T., F.T. and Finite Fouries transforms in finding the solutions, equations, initial value problems and boundary value problems.
- Understand the notion of mathematical thinking, mathematical proofs and algorithmic thinking be able to apply them in problem solving.
Department of Botany
After successfully completing B.Sc. Botany programme, students will be able to:
- Enhance specific temper among the students so to develop a research culture.
- Implementation of policies to tackle the burning issues at local level.
- Acquire recent knowledge about the cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology and relevant fields of research among the students and society.
- Develop various skills and technologies beneficial for their general life.
- Develop the awareness of natural resources and environment.
- Develop ability for the application of acquired knowledge of plants and related subject.
- Understand specific terms, concepts, facts, phenomenon, and their relationships.
- Develop practical skills of collection of plant materials.
- Practice and manage the cultivation of plants beneficial to society.
Course outcomes B.Sc. (COs)
- Acquisition of specialized knowledge of the subject.
- Ability to lead and work others effectively.
- Enhancement of the specific temper among the students so to develop research culture.
- Development of the scientific attitude, ability and techniques to tackle problems either theoretical or experimental in nature.
- Use of computers and new technologies effectively to gather process and communicate information.